Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tiered Pillowcase Style Dresses...our newest love!


Yep, this is my new fave, a little twist on the tried and true pillowcase dress. I tend to suffer from a bit of A.D.D!! I'm sure some of you are with me on this one yes? So much going on in any given day that your mind races around from thought to thought and often times in circles. When I'm in my design space, it can feel like that as well. There are literally not enough hours in the day to work with all the lovely fabrics and trims out there that I come across. It doesn't stop me from bringing them home and convincing myself I'll find time to work it all in but I like to give it the good ole college try! My brain will jump all over the place thinking of all these projects while promising to slow down and focus! In this design, I try to work several prints in at once by doing this in tiers and I love the finished item with it's assymetrical tie. This pattern is already available for purchase in my Etsy store but for those of you who don't sew, the dresses are going to be made available for purchase as well. I've had so much fun with this new styling I've laid out all sorts of fabric combos that are sure to wake up your senses. The dress couldn't be more versatile if you needed to layer something underneath or throw a cardigan over it if part of the day is chilly. I sure can see some fun designs come football season and the various holidays!!

2 comments:

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

OH I LOVE THIS!!!!
Can't wait to buy the pattern and give it a go! I also wanted to let you know that I featured your skirt on the Glitter blog!
LOVE YOUR beauties!!!!
http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/04/rectangle-fabric-applique.html

Blogger said...

There's shocking news in the sports betting world.

It's been said that every bettor needs to see this,

Watch this or stop betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - SPORTS GAMBLING ROBOT